[Reclaimmayday] Article for How Do publication

protag protag at aktivix.org
Mon Mar 5 17:17:34 UTC 2012

On Mon, 05 Mar 2012 13:05:46 +0000, Jules <anarchista at riseup.net> wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> https://www.facebook.com/howdomagazine?sk=wall
>
> The above link is for the facebook page of How Do - a publication
> detailing the goings on of Bradford.  It makes an interesting and mostly

> informative read.  Douglas Thompson is looking for a piece to be written

> about May Day to go into the April issue.  Is there anybody that would
> really like to take this on - or co-ordinate an effort from a number of
> people involved in the planning processes?
>
> J x

Hi

Do we know how many words they'd like?

I know there's a big history of Mayday and I don't want to misrepresent
the 1in12 club as some kind of dominating influence... but all the info I
have relates to that fine institution, even though I know it's only part of
the story.

I remember playing in Centenary square in (I think) 1996 at an event which
appeared to have been mostly organised by the 1in12. I think they all went
to Barcelona in 1997, and then lost the club's shirt on an expensive gig in
1998 which was the last huge event the club organised. But don't quote me
on the "losing shirt.." bit as I know it was a bit traumatic for some
people.

1998

http://www.1in12.com/publications/MayDay/mayday98.htm
http://www.1in12.com/publications/MayDay/papers.htm

Some links might blob out as the whole site had to be migrated inexpertly
off Legend when they flaked.

More recent coverage, with some pics, here:

http://www.northern-indymedia.org/search/find_content?search%5Bsearch_terms%5D=mayday

Specifically:

2010

http://www.northern-indymedia.org/articles/682