[Reclaimmayday] Stalls update - putting a positive spin on it :)

Jules anarchista at riseup.net
Wed Mar 21 16:03:14 UTC 2012

Okay, I've tidied up the spreadsheet to make the info more readable.

At this point we are provisionally at 13 stalls from which we can get
£510 contribution towards the event (I am not counting the bar
contribution in these figures).  These are not finalised and haggling
can still take place to up the quantities slightly.  Plus there are
still a few people that have expressed some interest in doing stalls
that have not yet confirmed figures.

There are 7 stalls still left to fill (if we are getting over 10 stalls
then for the same cost we can  have up to 20 and this would be worth
doing to try and get further funding from additional traders), so with a
target of obtaining £1,000 minimum from stalls we are only £490 short at
the minute so I feel like progress is being made in the right
direction!  (I've estimated £50 target contribution each from the cake
stall, raffle and plant stall sales which would be an extra £150 which
would mean only £340 under target, but am not putting these figures in
before I can clarify whether they are realistic, and obviously the more
we raise, the better the event will be so won't be using £1000 as any
kind of cap)

If anybody has any suggestions on potential traders can they let me
know?  It would be good to try to keep a good mix of stalls a) for
interest and variety and b) so that we aren't messing any of the traders
about - yet more food stalls decreases the potential profits of those
that we are currently in discussion with.

I'm going to go out tomorrow on a recon mission around the markets and
traders in Bradford to see if I can get any further interest from local
traders / craft shops etc.
I will also contact BCB to find out if there is any contribution
available from them, will chase up First Aid and try to find a halal
option curry vendor.  I still have to go through the list Dusty provided
yesterday of last year's traders.

Think that's all for now - if I've missed anything, please let me know.

J x