[Reclaimmayday] Insulting remarks made at Mayday Meeting 28th April

protag protag at aktivix.org
Thu Mar 29 14:50:19 UTC 2012

Steady on Richey

I think you're referring to comments about the base cost of food made at
the Treehouse, which seek to put origins of the ingredients ahead of cost
in the order of priorities.

(Particularly as this concerns an event associated with worker's struggles
and the driving down of commodity prices is almost always at the expense of
the weakest in society).

This was not compared against anything specifically, as I recall, but in
the context of the coversation could have been construed as a comparison
with the other stalls we were talking about, one of which could be inferred
to be of Asian origin. Or not.

The word shit wasn't used, unless my hearing is seriously defective.

Perhaps someone else who was there can confirm?

You'll remember we talked about T-shirts and where they came from. The
same arguments apply: no one said other T-shirts "were shit" - just that
it's appropriate to be concerned about the conditions of the workers who
grow the cotton etc.

Correct?

Cheers