[sas-announce] Oaxaca Solidarity Meetings

Heather Shaw centre_stage_red at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Feb 6 11:47:08 GMT 2007

Andres Aullet works with the Committee of Relatives of Political Prisoners of Oaxaca. Along with other activists, he is helping to set up a nation-wide body to coordinate the struggle for the release of all political prisoners in Mexico.

Andres was an activist during the strike of UNAM (Universidad Autónoma
de México) in 1999, from which he graduated as a lawyer.
  Andres Aullet meeting dates are listed below (also at the meetings will be unique footage of the Mexican teachers’ struggle and film from the frontline, inside Oaxaca):

  Sunday 11 February: 5.00pm at the Cowley Club, 12 London Road, Brighton (more details: 07904 431 959)

Monday 12: 6.30pm in Arts 01.02, on UEA Campus, Norwich (more details: 07876 663659)

Tuesday 13: 1.00pm at the Bowett Room, Queens, Cambridge University
                      7.30pm at the International Community Ctre, Mansfield Rd, Nottingham       (more details: 07779 328 418)

Wednesday 14:  6.15pm in G/020, Goodricke College, York University

Thursday 15: 1.00pm Basement, Dover Street Building (on the right of Dover St opposite Refectory & SU), Manchester University
                       7.00pm in Lecture Theatre 2 in the Arts Tower at Sheffield University (more details: 07961 040 618)

  On Friday 16, at 12 noon we'll be handing a petition in at the Mexican Embassy, London
The petition is available here, in English and Spanish
And can be down-loaded or signed on line:
http://www.nosweat.org.uk/node/270

  And Andres Aullet will be speaking in London at 2.00pm on Saturday 17 February at SOAS, off Russell Sq, central London.
Download a flyer for the London meeting on the website.

  More details: admin at nosweat.org.uk

Background briefing: http://www.nosweat.org.uk/node/122

Oaxaca graphics: http://www.nosweat.org.uk/node/289
  and http://www.nosweat.org.uk/node/288

"Years ago I recognised my kinship with living things, and I made up my mind that I was not one bit better than the meanest on the earth. I said then and I say now, that while there is a lower class, I am in it; while there is a criminal element, I am of it; while there is a soul in prison, I am not free"
Eugene Debs, US Presidential Candidate 1920

www.redheff.livejournal.com