[sas-announce] Oxford oaxaca meeting

Heather Shaw centre_stage_red at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Feb 18 19:06:13 GMT 2007

  Last week, Mexican activist Andreas Aullet toured the country with No
Sweat, with meetings in Brighton, Norwich, Cambridge, Nottingham, York,
Manchester, Sheffield and London to dicuss the massive workers' and
popular struggle which recently took place in Oaxaca. We are pleased to
announce that Andreas is staying in the UK a few more days and will be
speaking at Ruskin College in Oxford (apologies for the short notice).
Come hear how we can make solidarity with the workers, social movements
and political prisoners of Oaxaca.

7.30pm, Tuesday 20 February
Ruskin College,
Walton Street, Oxford OX1 2HE

Chair: Debbie Hollingsworth, Ruskin Students' Union

For more information, ring Mike on 07711 808 435.

"Years ago I recognised my kinship with living things, and I made up my mind that I was not one bit better than the meanest on the earth. I said then and I say now, that while there is a lower class, I am in it; while there is a criminal element, I am of it; while there is a soul in prison, I am not free"
Eugene Debs, US Presidential Candidate 1920

www.redheff.livejournal.com