[sas-announce] NUS Conference No Sweat co-hosted Fringe

Heather Shaw centre_stage_red at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Mar 23 10:59:16 GMT 2007

Solidarity without borders:
Asylum, immigration controls and workers' struggles

An NUS conference fringe meeting, sponsored by: Education Not for Sale,
Radical Students Network, No One is Illegal, No Sweat, Sukula Family
Must Stay campaign

1-2pm, Wednesday 28 March
Theatre Bar, Winter Gardens conference centre, Blackpool

Speakers:
- Alphonsus Uche Okafor-Mefor, Nigerian/Biafran activist recently
rescued
from deportation by trade union campaign
- Flores Sukula, Sukula Family Must Stay campaign
- Reza Moradi, student at London Met and former coordinator of Iranian
Federation of Refugees (UK) will also speak about students' and
workers'
struggles in Iran
- Sofie Buckland, NUS National Executive

Dan Glass, president of University of Sussex Students' Union, will also
talk about Tent State University UK, the major anti-war/pro-education
festival taking place at Sussex University, 28 May-2 June.

Hope to see you there! For more information, email volsunga at gmail.com

"Years ago I recognised my kinship with living things, and I made up my mind that I was not one bit better than the meanest on the earth. I said then and I say now, that while there is a lower class, I am in it; while there is a criminal element, I am of it; while there is a soul in prison, I am not free"
Eugene Debs, US Presidential Candidate 1920

www.redheff.livejournal.com