[Scotia] One of our kettles is missing / time for a new one?

Dan dan at aktivix.org
Thu Dec 8 16:32:45 GMT 2005

Hi all,

The kettle has gone walkabout from the kitchen and, having wandered
about the building, I can't find it.

I've had to resort to using a strange device which may or may not be a
kettle.  It only seems to want to boil water when its little green light
isn't on. There seems to be no rhyme or reason for the little green
light.  Maybe its a 'when-I'm-in-the-mood-i'll-boil-and-not-before' light.

Also: I've been thinking for a while that we deserve a half-decent
kettle. I for one would be willing to donate money to a kettle fund, and
go out and buy one.

Does anyone else want to put into a kettle fund? If we can get £30 to
£50, we can get a kettle of the Gods.  Or, at least, a quite nice kettle
that doesn't take all week to boil.

I pledge £10.

Dan