[Scotia] Communal cleaning day/fridges

Admin admin at new-arrivals.org.uk
Wed Dec 21 15:38:30 GMT 2005

Dear all,

As agreed at the last Scotia Works Management Group Meeting, Friday 13th
January has been designated as 'community cleaning' day.  The hope is that
everyone will chip in for a short amount of time to do some of the extra
thorough cleaning that is out of the remit of the cleaner's daily duties.
Naomi has produced a draft list of possible jobs that could be done (see
attached). Please circulate this list within your organisation, add any jobs
we have missed and return to it me by Friday 6th January.  The list will
then be posted in the kitchen for organisations to tick which jobs they are
prepared to do.

It was also agreed at the meeting that fridge cleaning would be added to the
existing tea-towel rota.  The fridges are now labelled 'Fridge 1' and
'Fridge 2' and each will be cleaned on alternate weeks.  The idea is that on
Fridays every organisation will dispose of old food/milk left in the fridges
ready for cleaning.  The new rota for Jan-April 2006 is now posted in the
kitchen.

Finally,  we have moved the RNAP tea/coffee supplies from the cupboard
previously shared with WEA into the empty cupboard in the top right-hand
unit.  We will be holding regular meetings next year and found that our
supplies were getting mixed up.

Apologies if anybody receives this e-mail twice.

Many thanks and best wishes for 2006!

Ceri

Administrator
Refugee New Arrivals Project