[Scotia] E-democracy! - Tue 10th Jan, 5:30

Dan dan at aktivix.org
Tue Jan 3 14:03:04 GMT 2006

Hi all,

And a happy new year to you...

I'm looking for volunteer recruits for an exciting and enthralling project!

We'll be looking at local e-democracy - how the internet is used by our
local council, and comparing it with what's happening in three other
European cities. Questions will come up such as:

Could e-democracy make politics accountable?

Could it make government responsive?

Help you understand your world / change your city?

You'll have the chance to go to Malta in the summer - it'll be great!

Its part of an EU link up with Lithuania, Spain and Malta. There will be
some seminar style discussions every two - three weeks from Jan to at
least March - and then we're all gonna bundle off for a free trip to
Malta in early summer, to meet our European compadres.

There will be an introductory meeting:

Tuesday 10th January, 5.30-7pm
Scotia Works, in the WEA Resource Room

It'll be fun!

We'll communicate with our EU partners through the project's website -

www.racatel.net

Please pass this on to anyone who you think might be interested.

And if you want to join in, please let me know, so we have some idea of
numbers.  Brilliant... hope to see you next Tuesday.

Bye for now.

Dan