Exploring the use of On-line Learning Communiities - Wednesday 11th July – 4.15 - 6pm Scotia Works

Rob Unwin rob.unwin at decsy.org.uk
Wed Jul 11 12:01:09 BST 2007

Just in case there is anyone out there who is a parent, or works with
children and might be interested in attending all or part of a
session we are running later this afternoon in the training room:

Exploring the use of On-line Learning Communities – Wednesday 11th
July – 4.15 - 6pm  Scotia Works

A  hands on opportunity to try out live safe internet communities for
children

            To include:

o      building a personal web page

o      use of forums

o      on line tasks, quizzes and games

o      exploring children’s use of the site including 'hot seats'

Followed by discussion/questions about use of communities for
children in schools, at home or other  settings and its contribution
to teaching and learning

Please let me know if you might be interested

Best wishes

Rob & Toby

Development Education Centre (South Yorkshire)
Centre for Learning, Development and Citizenship
Scotia Works
Leadmill Road
Sheffield  S1 4SE

Reg. Charity No. 517354