[ShareTompkins] UnGuilt Trip class for mothers

McKenzie Jones-Rounds grasswriter at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 14:16:16 UTC 2011

*The UnGuilt Trip*
* A get-out-of-emotional-jail-and-be-free class for mothers.*

*What:* a gentle, sometimes silly-side-up expedition to disarm guilt, remove
shame, and find comfort for mothers who are tired of feeling guilty and
would like to create new emotional patterns. Expectant mothers welcome. *
*
*What’s in it for you:*
Less depression, less anxiety, less sadness. You will have more patience for
those you love, and even for those you don’t. You will model self-trust,
self-care, and self- acceptance for your children. Guilt is sort of like an
allergy: a self-protection mechanism gone wrong. It sucks joy right out of
our lives. The way you handle your guilt can be the difference between
swimming in the rough  seas, or drowning in depression. The good news?
Guilt, like pollution, is a cultural by- product; it’s not inevitable! With
conscious and creative use of resources it can be reversed. Of course,
reversing guilt is not only important for us, it also establishes a healthy
emotional environment for our children to grow in.

*How we’ll get there:*
Gently, and playfully, because guilt is like quicksand. The more you fight,
the deeper you sink. The UnGuilt trip is a coping-skills building
environment (think emotional gym, softened with love). Deep conversations,
gentle movement (tired mama yoga), and some creative expression (no artistic
experience needed) will all be used while we're digging for comfort. The
small group will allow for continuity and progression, with plenty of time
left to practice, ask questions, and grow our ability to access these skills
when we go back home. All this is just the tip of the ice-cream! Visit this
web page for the full scoop: *http://www.ppdtojoy.com/unguilt-trip/
*Sign up for the newsletter for subscribers' discounts.
*
*
*Cost: $90 for six 90 minute coping-skills-building sessions in a small
group. Class size is limited to 6 participants.
*
*Where and when*
Thursdays, May 12  to  June  16, 11:30am to 1:00pm. At Jillian’s Drawers on
the Ithaca Commons at 171 East State Street.

*Instructor: *Yael Saar (hi!), mother of two boys. In my struggles to disarm
postpartum depression, I discovered my life’s calling: to remove guilt,
shame, and blame from the parenting experience. I used to volunteer as a
suicide prevention counselor; now I lead postpartum depression support
groups in Ithaca and online at *www.ppdtojoy.com*. You can also find me on
twitter: @yaelsaar,  and   facebook: www.facebook.com/ppdtojoy

*Interested?* Got questions?  Email  *ppdtojoy at gmail.com*