[sheffield-hacklab] Re: [matilda] The HackLab

Chris chris at aktivix.org
Mon Aug 29 21:57:11 BST 2005

Hi

On Sun 28-Aug-2005 at 11:37:11AM +0100, Dan wrote:

> We've moved all the equipment into the new hacklab.
> Everything's set to go.

Fab :-)

> So - when do you reckon we can have a day of setting up?
> I'd love to come and help too, to learn some stuff,
> although I understand if you think I'd just slow you
> down.  (I bought a book - teach yourself networking in
> 24 hours - but need some practice!)

Well I could make it Friday afternoon, but will have a
baby in tow...

> p.s. not many people on the Hacklab list Chris mentioned
> below...

I have sent Gareth an invite -- he was the oly person who
doesn't seem to be on the list.

> Also - I'm planning to get a bunch of people to help do
> a big stencil design on the floor of the hacklab.  Any
> hacklab-appropriate themes or images that you happen to
> think of for inspiration, please let me know...

Um, you could use the AktiviX logo:

  https://en.wiki.aktivix.org/AktiviX:Graphics

> Right!  One stage away from having it up and running...
> except for working out opening times, etc.

Cool, well I think I can commit to one evening every two
weeks and also Friday afternoons, though I might spend
more time playing with a baby then actually doing stuff on
Fridays ;-)

Chris

--
Aktivix -- Free Software for a Free World