[sheffield-hacklab] Latest Ubuntu

flg fakelondongenius at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 18 15:14:51 BST 2005

Chris wrote:
> Hi

> Is anyone going to the Ubuntu presentation at 6pm tomorrow
> night (free food I expect...)?
>
>   http://www.digitalsy.org.uk/EventInfo?eventid=136

Yes, I have signed up to go - whether I can make it is another matter.

> And if so can they grab a pile of CDs of the latest
> version (if there are any, I guess they might not be
> pressed yet...) and any other goodies there might be...

I'll take a look.

> If we can't get a pile of CDs from there would someone
> like to fill in the form here and order a pile for the
> Hacklab?
>
>   https://shipit.ubuntu.com/

My experiments with Puppy/DSL Linux proved inconclusive due to
partitioning issues with the target machines.  I thought I had developed a
workaround using cfdisk but this didn't work on Saturday night when I
visited the HackLab.

However, I will persevere and am currently trying out installs of
VectorLinux which is supposed to be optimised for sub-optimal PC's:

http://www.vectorlinux.com/

Regards

FLG
--