[sheffield-noborders] Re: party and tour

Jay Baker jaybaker at mediaactivist.com
Tue Jul 26 12:33:41 BST 2005

Thanks for that info, Fabian!

I will likely be back from Vancouver on the 8th so those proposed dates are fine with me. I haven't heard back from Hoodz Underground yet - and keep in mind they no-showed the Love Music, Hate Racism event so as much as I love those guys it might not be ideal; understandably, some bands just want to do paid gigs. Rapcore are a political group from South Yorkshire, too, and have confirmed their availability, though.

The arms trade and refugee link at first I was reluctant about, but actually it may be a good idea - if I even dare mention it (oh, it's OK; the corporate media aren't here), Jean Charles de Menezes was apparently running from the police because his visa had expired when he got shot 7 times. And, more relevant, of course, the arms trade sends arms to oppressive regimes in countries with poor human rights records, creating refugees anyway. Tony Blair in particular is very good at this.

Anyway, I'm glad things are moving along; I thought the last meeting was very productive and that everyone came up with some great ideas. Hope you're all well!

http://www.mediaactivist.com