[sheffield-noborders] Public Meeting update

stuart crosthwaite stuartqqqq at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Nov 8 16:20:43 GMT 2005

Hi all

Public Meeting

1. Have booked a room in SADACCA community centre on Saturday 3rd December. The room holds 40-50 people maximum and costs £12 per hour. I've booked it from 1.30-4pm - giving us 30 mins to set up before the start of the meeting at 2pm. We can book the main hall (capacity 200) but it costs £25 per hour.

2. Contacted CDAS about jointly organising the meeting - no response so far.

3. Main speaker Steve Cohen can come provided he has transport provided to and from Manchester (he's not a well man unfortunately). Alison can probably arrange this.

4. Alison and myself will try to get speakers from the Sukula Family campaign and someone active in the Iraqi Kurdish community. I think it would be good if we could get a speaker from UNISON, some members of which union are critical of Section 9 and discussing its non-implementation. Becky, did you say that you knew someone who worked at Howden House in Sheffield? Would they be prepared to speak about non-implementation?

Let me know what you think about all of this and any ideas you've got for the meeting

Stuart