[sheffield-noborders] rally for samina altaf

Steve Cohen raysteve at cohen70.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Oct 7 17:55:41 BST 2005

We saw you on the Sukula demo. This Tuesday (October 11th) there is a rally at 12 noon  in Salford for Samina Altaf and her children. We enclose a leaflet. Although Salford is a journey from Sheffield we hope you make the journey. As well as being a show of strength against the Home Office the rally is developing into a show of strength against local racists who are intimidating Samina and other local asylum seekers. Samina lives in a street (Romney St) where NASS has "dumped" other asylum seeker families. One reason for the rally is to try and get community support. Samina herself is handicapped with ricketts - as are her two children. But she is fighting back. We hope you join us with your banners in the fight back. Warm wishes Steve