[sheffield-noborders] Fwd: Brides Without Borders - National Campaign

Chris chris at aktivix.org
Thu Sep 15 13:35:03 BST 2005

Hi

Passing on for info...

Chris

----- Forwarded message from Emma <ncadc-north-west at ncadc.org.uk> -----

From: Emma <ncadc-north-west at ncadc.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 10:37:36 +0100
To: Recipient List Suppressed: ;
Subject: Brides Without Borders - National Campaign

==========
 NCADC News Service
==========

Brides Without Borders - National Campaign

Katie, Jessica, Jenifer, Heather and Suzie's foreign national
partners have all been told to leave the UK by the Home Office

"Wedding Belles" - Calling all women (and men) married to asylum
seekers who have been told to leave the UK, or those asylum seekers
being told they cannot get married by the Home Office ... we want to
hear from you !

We are a group of women in the same situation
Lets Unite and make our voices heard!
We are stronger together!

Couples that are facing forcible separation due to one of them being
a 'failed' asylum seeker and facing deportation have come together
across he UK to start a national campaign.

The campaign aims to raise the profile of all our cases, and
highlight the cruel way in which the Home Office's immigration policy
affects everyone including British Citizens.

Many of us have been told by the Home office that our partners can go
back to their country, and we may accompany them there even though
the Foreign Office advise against travel to these countries...

Many of us have also been advised that our partners can travel back
to their countries and apply for a visa to return to the UK...

Also, many of us have even been denied the right to marry our
partners. New laws prevent asylum seekers marrying UK nationals.

This amounts to a gross breach of our Human Right to a family life in
all our cases.

We have joined together to start a broad an inclusive campaign to
overturn the Home Office's policy in this area. We recognise that
there are many couples, straight, gay and lesbian, married, engaged,
living together and dating. We all have one thing in common- that is
we are being denied our rights to remain together in the UK.

Our first step is a *'Public Petitions to the House of Commons',
 "That the House of Commons debates on this matter, and thus asks
that the Home Office reconsiders their decisions and uses their
powers to grant Discretionary Leave to individuals in cases where the
removal would involve a the British National accompanying their
spouse to an 'unsafe' country or a separation of couples for an
indefinite length of time."

There is a meeting planned for Tuesday 20th September 2005, 8pm at
Asylum Link on Overbury Street in Liverpool 8.

We would urge anyone who can, or would like to attend to do so, as we
want to build this campaign as far and as wide as possible. This will
be our first organising meeting.

Parliament reconvenes on 10th October 2005, and they will discuss
changes to current asylum policy / law - namely leave to remain.
Letters have already been sent to every MP and member of the House of
Lords- we want to ensure that everyone knows about our situation.

We want to organise a demonstration in London that day.

Prior to this, we aim to hold a press conference, inviting the
national and local media to publicise our campaign and the demo in
London.

This is just the beginning of what we have planned. If you would like
to get involved, or join us in the campaign, you can do so by
responding to this email.

Thank you for your support.
                                                    Suzie, Katie,
Jessica, Jenifer, Heather

Inquiries/further information:
Jessica Hossein
justice4hossein at aol.com
07951 583353

Suzie, Katie, Jessica, Jenifer, Heather, can be contacted through
their websites.

Suzie and Nazwad
http://www.ncadc.org.uk/archives/filed%20newszines/newszine61/nazwad.htm

Katie and Sherzad
http://www.ncadc.org.uk/Newszine62/sherzad.htm

Jessica & Hossein
http://www.ncadc.org.uk/archives/filed%20newszines/newszine60/hosein.htm

Jenifer and Ali
http://www.ncadc.org.uk/archives/filed%20newszines/newszine59/jenifer.htm

Heather and Shah
http://www.ncadc.org.uk/archives/filed%20newszines/newszine60/shah.htm

*Public Petitions to the House of Commons
http://www.parliament.uk/parliamentary_publications_and_archives/publicpetitions.cfm

End of Bulletin:

Source for this Message:

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Aktivix -- Free Software for a Free World