[sheffieldagainstwar-tech] Re: [sheffield-anti-war-coalition] New web site!

2 % Human adam at diamat.org.uk
Sun Oct 31 13:40:38 GMT 2004

Hi Chris

> The www.sheffieldagainstwar.org.uk has been switched over to
> use the same software as the Wikipedia

Thanks .

I notice that there has been quite a few updates to the web site this
week :)

Would it be possible for the web site to generate an email to the
community list when ever there as been an update to the web site ?

( The [IFSO] wiki reports the previous days amendments to the [fsfe-ie]
list each morning at 8:30 and I find this very helpful to keep track of
things, eg.
http://mail.fsfeurope.org/pipermail/fsfe-ie/2004-October/001527.html )

> Things that will need doing:
>
> 1. Migrating old content over, the
>    editor.sheffieldagainstwar.org.uk interface is still
>    working -- people with editor accounts on the old site
>    can access the old data.

Cool. I've attached the list of documents on the old site at the end of
the email. I am willing to help with the content migration, but I think
perhaps some of the older information is now obsolete ?

> 2. Customising the new site -- anyone want to design a
>    logo / colour scheme?

Cheers

--
Adam

     *   Sheffield Against War
           o Events
                 + City-Wide Open Planning Meeting
                 + Friday Peace Vigil
                 + Menwith Hill Peace Vigil
                 + Past Events
                       # Justice for Guantanamo Bay Detainees!
                       # The next steps in Sheffield
                       # No Sweat conference
                       # Art is my Asylum - Identity Card of the Spirit
                       # Sheffield and Yorkshire Demonstration
                             * Regional Trains for demo
                       # Cuban Solidarity Day
                       # Public Meeting: STOP BUSH!
                             * Walkley Opposed to War - Public meeting
                       # The visit of George Bush
                       # Special Meeting
                       # Protest against DSEi
                       # Refugee Week: Sat 14th - Sat 21st June
                       # Public Meeting - Tuesday 1st July
                       # Peace in the Park Planning Meeting
                       # Peace in the Park
                       # CND Public Meeting
                       # Stop the Media War - Lies and the Media in Iraq
                       # The (Anti) War Report
                       # Free Palestine - Saturday 17th May
                       # 'The War on Terrorism': Voices from the
                       # May Day weekend demo
                       # Mayday - Thursday 1st May
                       # THEKEVORKIANSOLUTION_ ..tHE aRMY OF FLyING
                       # Day of Protest - April 9th
                       # National Demonstration - 12th April
                       # Sheffield STWC Convention
                       # Alternative Viewing: Iraq
                       # Sheffield Demonstration - 29th March
                       # Critical Mass - Wed 23rd April
                       # National Student Strike 19th March
                       # Sheffield Demo - Stop the War 22-3-03
                       # London Demonstration - March 22nd
                       # Non Violent Direct Action Workshop
                       # Day of Workplace Solidarity Against War
                       # City Wide Convention - 13th March
                       # Yorkshire and Humberside Regional Demonstration
                       # Sheffield Demonstration - 8th March
                       # Sheffield STWC Convention: Organising After 15/2
                       # Stop the War Party 2
                       # Foil the Base - Sat March 22nd
                       # Urban Fell Run - Sun 2nd March
                       # Life during wartime? -20th Feb.
                       # Sheffield Samba Band Open Workshop, Feb 9th
                       # Don't Attack Iraq National Demo Feb 15
                       # Emergency Meeting of Sheffield Community
                       # Helen Jackson Meeting
                       # Day of Action December 14
                       # An Evening in Palestine - Concert
                       # Not in My Name - Fundraising Concert & Meal
                       # Headcharge/Ju-Ju Club Fundraising Night
                       # Sheffield Demo - Don't Attack Iraq - 23 Nov 02
                       # Day of Action: Don't Attack Iraq
                       # National Speaking Tour Comes to Sheffield
                       # Ongoing action to stop the bombing
                       # Public Rally - 19th Sept
                       # National Demo: Don't Attack Iraq
                       # Not in my Name
                       # Festival for Peace and Solidarity
                       # Public Meeting - War Over Kashmir: A Threat to
                       # Sheffield Demo - 'Justice For Palestine'
                       # National Demonstration 'Justice For Palestine'
                       # UN Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian people
                       # Statement for Local Election Candidates
                       # CND National Demo - "Don't STARt WARS"
                       # Stop the War Teach-In
                       # Stop the War Rally (Feb 2002)
                       # National Stop the War Demonstration (March 2002)
                       # Beatz not Bombz
                       # Week of Action 1-8 December
                       # Women's Gathering
                       # Northwood Non Violent Action
                       # Sheffield No War But the Class War
                       # Stop the War Demonstration in Sheffield
                       # Stop the War Rally
                       # Women Against War Meeting
                       # Bikes Not Bombs
                       # National Stop the War Demonstration
                       # City-Wide Project Groups
                       # Stop the War Demonstration
                       # City-Wide Project Group Meeting
           o News
                 + STW National Conference Report 2004
                 + “Disrupting the masters of war” – support the
                 + Sheffield Mayday 2003
                 + Sheffield City Council Pass Antiwar Resolution
                 + Funeral March and Rage Against War
                 + Foil The Base
                 + M20 Outbreak of War Demo
                 + Site Traffic
                 + M19 Student Demo
                 + Die In 17 March 2003
                 + 8th March 2003 Sheffield Demo
                 + Student Strike M5
                 + Sheffield Samba Band
                 + Hope Valley Baring Witness
                 + Buy Antiwar Comic Book
                 + Photos from the Sheffield Demo 23 November 2002
                 + Day of Action: Stop the City - Stop the War 31-10-02
                 + Photos from Palestine demonstration
                 + Photos from Sheffield Demo
                 + Press Releases
                       # 08/03/03 - Sheffield Stop the War Demonstration
                       # 09/04/03 - The People's Budget
                       # 29/04/03 - Vote Antiwar
                       # 29/03/03 - Funeral March and Rage Against War
                       # 29/03/03 – Sheffield Demonstration
                       # 23/11/02 - Don't Attack Iraq Sheffield Demo (3
                       # 19/4/02 - Unity Tour 'For India-Pakistan Peace'
                       # 12/4/02 - up to 1,000 from Sheffield go to
                       # 9/12/01 - 1,000 March in Sheffield Against
                       # 8/12/01 - Second Sheffield Demo
                       # 3/12/01 - Week of Action
                       # 15/11/01 - Choir singers on Fargate
                       # 28/10/01 - Over 1500 on Sheffield Demo
                       # 12/11/01 - Key Anti-War Voices at Sheffield
                       # 02-11-01 - Pitsmoor Day of Anti-War Activities
                       # 02-11-01 - Darnall Public Meeting
                       # 24/10/01 - large turnout expected for demo
                       # 20/10/01 - Beats Not Bombs
                       # 19/10/01 - Painting for Peace
                       # 19/10/01 - Solidarity with Sheffield’s Muslims
                       # 12/10/01 - London Demonstration
                       # 11/10/01 - School Children join vigil
                       # 07/10/01 - Hundreds protest first bombs
                       # 27/09/01 - huge turnout for first meeting
                       # 25/09/01 - formation of anti-war coalition
                 + Photos from London
           o Groups
                 + Broomhill Against the War
                 + Heeley Against the War
                       # Letters to Meg Munn
                             * 23 Feb 2003
                             * 8 Feb 2003
                             * 9 March 2003
                       # Listen-in 7.12.01
                             * 5/12/01 - Listen in With Meg Munn
                             * 7/12/01 - Listen-In With(out) Meg Munn
                             * 10/12/01 - The Not-Meg-Munn-Meeting
                       # Local Election Hustings 27.4.03
                       # Press Release following meeting with Meg Munn
                 + Hillsborough Against the War
                 + Hunter's Bar Against the War
                       # Mailing List
                       # Contacts
                       # Links
                             * Charities Links
                             * General Links
                             * International Law Links
                             * Iraq Links
                             * Palestine Links
                 + Nether Edge Against the War
                 + Sharrow Against the War
                 + Sheffield Women Against War
                       # Links
                 + Health Workers
                 + Education Workers
                 + Student Peace Vigil
                 + Sheffield Hallam University workers against War
                 + Model Trade Union Anti-War Resolution
                 + No War But the Class War
                       # Strike for Peace
                       # This is not a war about terrorism
                       # Sheffield Inaugural Meeting
           o Downloads
                 + Car Banners
           o Articles
                 + America, oil and Afghanistan
                 + Anti-War Lyrics
                       # Bob Dylan - Masters of War
                       # Bob Dylan - With God On Our Side
                       # Public Enemy - Son of a Bush
                       # The Clash - Call Up
                       # The Clash - Charlie Don't Surf
                       # The Clash - Washington Bullets
                 + Britain reserves the right to bomb niggers
                 + Cartoons
                 + ESSO has it's tiger eye on Iraq's oil
                 + Green Party Speech - Sheffield Demo
                 + Images from Isreal and Palastine
                 + Mini-Nukes: Shef CND briefing 2003
                 + Random Links (sort of funny!)
           o Links
                 + Press and Media Contacts
           o Teach In
                 + C.A.D.U. - Campaign Against Depleted Uranium
                 + Civil Liberties workshop
                 + Iraq Next
                 + Oil Workshop
                 + Palestine
                 + Refugee and Asylum Seeker Workshop
                 + War and Weapons of Mass Destruction Workshop
                 + Women Against War
           o MediaWatch
           o Peace Not War CD
           o About this site