[SSC] General invitation to research symposium in Leicester

Vallance, Stephen sv76 at leicester.ac.uk
Wed Aug 31 13:49:48 UTC 2011

Dear all involved with SSC,

Thank you for your kind words in response to my previous message. Further to this brief message of support and invitation from me posted on the list on 8/7, I'd like to invite again any members of SSC or interested parties to a small scale research symposium in early September that the CPPE research group based at the University of Leicester holds annually.

Details of the 'papers' due to be presented by members are attached (although this is still very provisional). Although the 2 day event is scheduled as an academic workshop, we are generally more informal and 'papers' are often more discussion based. And much of the discussion of the symposium usually takes place outside the schedule in a local pub.

As I suggested in my previous message, I'm sure many of the members of this group would be very interested to learn more about the SSC, so if any participants would like to come along to this event or part thereof, they will be more than welcome. I'd be happy to answer any queries, and more information about the CPPE group can be found here http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/management/research/units/cppe