[SSC] Sign up process/web form/payment

Jennifer Jones jenniferjonesuws at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 10:55:38 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

I've currently been working on setting up the payment facility on the SSC website so that we can start recruiting and taking payment from members online. So far it has been quite challenging given the unique set up/aims of the SSC and I've been struggling to come up with a solution for a form that both gathers information appropriately whilst also accepting payments in a recurring way.

The last couple of weeks have totally floored me in terms of my own workload of my PhD, so I'm worried that I continue to fragment myself in this way instead of trying to do everything, I'm going to achieve nothing. Therefore, I've had to have a think about what I can manage to take on at moment so that I can still be part of things, support things but not make promises that I can't be sure that I can keep at this stage. I fear that building and managing this gateway may be a bigger task than I am capable of achieving at the moment.

I'm asking the group if you could help me think of ways in which I could pass on the responsibility to another person, or come up with a way in which the role could be shared amongst several people. For me, I think it is more than simply the technicality of setting up a web form, it is also about managing membership, thinking about what we need to know about a person before they are to join the SSC and the distinctions between associate and academic member.

You have my full support and I will help in any way I can to transfer what I have managed so far to those who may wish to carry it on, help out or offer feedback/support/discussion.

Best wishes

Jen

Jennifer M Jones: email at jennifermjones.net
http://www.jennifermjones.net
@jennifermjones
http://www.slideshare.net/caffeinebomb
tel: +44 77 3 88 65 65 1

Associate PhD Student
Creative Futures Research Centre
http://creativefutur.es
University of the West of Scotland, Ayr Campus
http://uwscreative.wordpress.com: @UWSCreative

Staff Writer/Web Editor, Culture @ the Olympics
http://www.culturalolympics.org.uk: @culturalolympic

Coordinator for #media2012