[SSC] Membership form and payment set up

David Young lostmoya at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 08:45:17 UTC 2011

Hi,

Looks good so far. Thanks Jennifer and Joss for putting lots of work in on
this.

Some quick comments/observations:

1. Monthly "subscription" options should reflect those in the guide
spreadsheet as closely as possible. I understand there are limitations in
Paypal, in which case I think we should modify the guidance spreadsheet to
reflect these coarser distinctions.

2. Explanatory text re. Academic vs. Associate should clarify that academic
includes "students" as well as "teachers".

3. Maybe it's because I'm browsing from a phone, but I couldn't see anywhere
to choose Academic or Associate membership. An either or tick box choice
would be sufficient I reckon.

4. Do we need a sentence on there about what we're going to do with people's
personal information? For example, do we sign them up to a newsletter or the
blog or the mailing list? Do we need to reassure people that we aren't going
to pass data on to any third parties? Is anyone on the list familiar with
data protection requirements and what we need to do regarding this?

5. In "Contributing to the Centre" should we add something about visiting
lectures as an example of one way Associate members might contribute,
besides financially.

6. I assume joining people get sent an automated response from Paypal about
joining. Can we customise that response or can we set up our own auto email
in addition to welcome people to the SSC?

Thanks,
David.