[SSC] Letter of invitation to academics

Terry Wassall T.Wassall at leeds.ac.uk
Tue Mar 1 12:42:15 UTC 2011

Given the emphasis on face-to-face and local it is likely, as the discussion indicates, that participating and contributing academics will be recruited from Lincoln and within reasonable commuting distance. It may be worth considering another recruiting strategy in addition to the letter to local prospects if the group thinks there is any mileage in having further-flung academics or PGs that could participate on a more occasional basis, perhaps contribute to the discussion on a particular topic or run one-off sessions on an area of interest to the students that fits in with their more regular studies.  I know the intention is to get away from traditional roles and teaching methods so how and to what extent occasional visiting speakers or participants could be integrated into the Centre and its activities will probably depend upon other decisions about how teaching/learning is conceptualised and put into practice. This may also have implications about what sort of membership may be appropriate for 'visitors', if any.

Terry

Dr. Terry Wassall
Principal Teaching Fellow
School of Sociology and Social Policy