[SSC] Running costs

David Young lostmoya at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 16:21:21 UTC 2011

Hi all,

Following Joss' lead, I've created a spreadsheet on Google Docs to try to
arrive at a first approximation of the running costs of the SSC, at least
for the first year. You can view and edit it here:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0At_QTZoJRJqRdHIybENrbXlFcWNzcldsNDFhajFWYkE&hl=en_GB&authkey=CMeiwv0I

This is (very) rough at the moment. Please add any categories of cost you
can think of and estimated recurrence. If anyone wants to suggest a
different format or way to plan this, please feel free. There are lots of
Excel and Google templates around to plan monthly budgets, for example, but
I think it would be as well to try to keep it relatively simple at this
stage.

Once we've populated this, I propose that a small group of us meets to
estimate amounts. Ideally this would include support from the Lincolnshire
CDA - do you know if is this a service they offer, Joss? This will ensure
we're on the right track with our estimates, and that we've thought of
everything. We can then feed back to the group. Let me know if you're
interested in being part of that sub-group. I guess we'd need to meet
sometime over the next few weeks.

This could form part of Terry's suggested "business plan" for the SSC. It
would at least give us an idea of how much we'd need in terms of membership
contribution to break even, or have a small operating surplus to ensure
continuity and sustainability.

Cheers,
David.