[SSC] Receiving money/bank account stuff

David Young lostmoya at gmail.com
Fri May 6 16:24:47 UTC 2011

Thanks Jennifer. I'll let you know when I've set up the account. The form is
quite long and we'll need to send a Business Plan with it so it might not be
until next week or after by the time we actually get confirmation.

On the subject of bank accounts, we essentially have two options at the Coop
Bank:

Community Directplus:
http://www.co-operativebank.co.uk/servlet/Satellite/1196151412581,CFSweb/Page/Business-CommunityBanking?WT.svl=nav3
Cooperatives Directplus:
http://www.co-operativebank.co.uk/servlet/Satellite/1196151412591,CFSweb/Page/Business-CommunityBanking?WT.svl=nav3

Both are free, but the latter provides some additional benefits including
preferential loan rates and a business debit card. If we want a Cooperatives
Directplus account we also have to be a member of Cooperatives UK which
would cost us around £70/year. There are various benefits to doing this, but
following a conversation with Joss this morning I think it might be best if
we just go for Community Directplus account in the first instance and
consider upgrading to Cooperatives Directplus later once we have some money
to cover the Cooperatives UK subscription.

Unless anyone has any alternative suggestions, I intend to do this.

My plan is to start work on the application form this weekend. By way of
supporting documentation we need to attach:

Constitution (I have a copy of this)
A letter from the "governing body" authorising us to open this account
A business plan for newly established organisations

We also need at least two (and possibly three - I need to check)
signatories. I'd suggest two people from Lincoln simply for ease of access.
Perhaps Joss and me? If we need three then I'll add Mike.

Again I'll proceed on this basis unless anyone has alternative options.

Cheers,
David.
<http://www.co-operativebank.co.uk/servlet/Satellite/1196151412581,CFSweb/Page/Business-CommunityBanking?WT.svl=nav3>