[SSC] Notes from our meeting on 10th October 2011

Joss Winn joss at josswinn.org
Mon Sep 12 08:23:59 UTC 2011

Yes, I think it was felt that 'scholar' was more inclusive than 'academic' or the other word we discussed, 'intellectual'. Academic is a professional term, while there are many more people who would consider themselves 'intellectuals' and I guess, a minority of academics who would not call themselves 'intellectuals', but all people teaching and learning in higher education could rightfully call themselves 'scholars'.

Joss