[SSC] Maps and politics of 'radical education projects'

Peter Somerville psomerville at lincoln.ac.uk
Tue Sep 27 18:15:38 UTC 2011

I sympathise with Andrew Taggart but I don't think the SSC is about
political posturing - at least, that's not what I'm interested in doing.
The 'real' anarchists these days are the Tories, with their 'Big
Society' and their unshakeable belief in the anarchy of the market. But
do we really need to have an agreed 'position' with respect to the state
and the market? I hope not. Do we even need to have a set of 'common
values', which we all sign up to? I think not, except in the broadest
possible terms, e.g. mutual respect and democratic decision-making. If
we must be judged at all (which I doubt) it should be by what we do
rather than by what we believe in.

Pete