[SSC] Next meeting May 19th. AGM

Joss Winn joss at josswinn.org
Thu Apr 26 14:57:38 UTC 2012

Dear all,

It occurred to me that our next meeting on May 19th, is our AGM. We did discuss this at a previous meeting, but I don't think it's been flagged up since then. The SSC constitution was signed on 3rd May 2011, so it seems appropriate to go ahead and have our AGM on the 19th. We're meeting at The Collection http://g.co/maps/dctcx

How would members like to run the AGM? I think that we should review the constitution prior to the meeting http://socialsciencecentre.org.uk/documents/

We should probably change the language from 'academic' to 'scholar' at the very least. It may also be a good opportunity, now we have many more members than a year ago, to think about sub-committees and roles such as secretary and treasurer.

I'd like to suggest that if you plan to attend the AGM, please email info at socialsciencecentre.org.uk and let us know, so we can ensure we have appropriate space and refreshments for everyone.

For items on the agenda, I'd like to suggest that you make proposals direct to this discussion list (preferable by replying to this email thread, so it is easy to follow).

I'd also like to suggest that the AGM is open to all, but you should sign up to be a member if you wish to engage in decisions such as changes to the constitution.

I must say, I don't have much experience in any of this, so please do offer your thoughts on how we proceed with it.

Cheers
Joss