[SSC] Assistance for a student reporter

Sarah Amsler simonewright73 at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 27 09:22:02 UTC 2012

Dear all,

I have received the below from a student in Taiwan who is working on an
assignment for her journalism class and a student newspaper that is
circulated in Taiwan. She is planning to write a piece about the Social
Science Centre and is keen to speak to people involved, particularly
student-scholars. It looks like she's put a lot of time into writing the
message.

I think this sounds a great project and precisely the sort of student work
I'd like to support in my work here, so I will reply to her questions based
on some of our basic information. I'll circulate before sending for
comments (I have said it may be a few days), but would also like to
encourage anyone who is planning on studying with the SSC or who is already
involved as a student-scholar at any level to contribute, if you're moved
to!

More soon.

Best,
Sarah

Hello,
My name is Angela, a reporter from Taiwan National Chengchi
university(NCCU), department of Journalism. According to our lesson, we
have our own newspaper and have to write news by ourselves. The newspaper
will be published every week and will be sent to all the universities and
some of the senior high schools in Taiwan. And will also be posted on the
Internet.
I’m interested in The Social Science Centre, Lincoln are going to offer
free courses. I see on the news said that the teachers are from University
of Lincoln and they all volunteer for teaching. If possible, can I ask you
some questions that I am curious about for fear that I write any thing
wrong?
The following are my questions:
1. What is the main point that the teachers set up The Social Science
Centre, Lincoln?

2. When is the exact time that the courses start? And How will it carry out?

3. How do the institution operate in the situation that students don’t have
to pay the fees?

4. How many students will the institution recruit? How is the evaluation
now? (Is there many students want to enter to The Social Science Centre,
Lincoln?)

5. Please help me to find some students who want to enter to the
institution. I would need their opinions. Thank you so much.
Thank you for your kindness to read over this letter. I am sincerely
looking forward to your reply. Your information will help more students in
Taiwan know what are happening outside the world and what are the students
at the same age doing. Due to this report relates to my presentation,
please reply me as soon as possible. Deeply appreciate. Last but not least,
sorry for my poor English, if there seems to be any bad manner, please
forgive my rudeness again.

sincerely,
Angela