[SSC] Higher Education and a good society

Joe Cox joe at compassonline.org.uk
Tue Aug 7 16:03:07 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I'm contacting from Compass we're a pressure group that is committed to
help build a Good Society; one in which there is far greater social,
political and economic equality; where democracy is deepened at every
level of the state, our workplaces and communities; where the
sustainability of the planet is made an urgent priority and we recognise
our interconnected fate across all nations; a society where the market
is made to work as the servant of society.

We're currently undertaking a project to reimagine Higher Education and
I have found the model of the SCC particularly inspiring. I wondered
whether you would be happy to engage with us on this project, it
wouldn't take a lot of work - perhaps just answering a couple of
questions over email or on the phone and you would be invited to a
seminar or two.

I hope to hear from you.

Very best,

Joe