[SSC] diary date

john andrews john.andrews57 at ntlworld.com
Wed Jun 6 08:08:18 UTC 2012

Hi guys,

Here's an event that should be worth making if at all possible:

Date: Sunday 24th June
Time: 1.00 p.m.
Place: Great Gonerby Social Club (NG31 8JP)

All being well Robb Johnson will be playing at the club.

In my view, Robb is THE greatest political singer/songwriter working today - anywhere in the world. If anyone knows anyone better do please let me know; and he's playing our local club - FREE ADMISSION.

He has fairly noticeable anarchist sympathies, and his day-job is teaching; but he's been writing music and performing for about 30 years. If you check the link below you'll see he has a fairly packed list of gigs around the country. He's also toured the US and Europe.

Here's the main link to his website:
http://www.robbjohnson.co.uk/

Here are links to a couple of his songs to give you a bit of a feel for what he does:

a. A fairly typical protest piece:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ru1NXZSnTY

b. For a sense of history: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2cHQbQrtoQ

c. For sheer musical beauty: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEy1ZjXd6ws

Try not to miss this golden opportunity to see this great artist at work FREE.

Best wishes

john