[SSC] offer of financial support

Richard Hall RHall1 at dmu.ac.uk
Fri May 4 06:03:04 UTC 2012

I missed the earlier email round about this. We should definitely discuss it, but I have alarm bells going off about "financial support".

If our governance is co-operative, and we have a clear structure within which that is applied then why doesn't he join as a co-operator donating an hour of a month's time/money/whatever? I am concerned that we do not get overtaken by the rule of money. If we are looking to develop a different or alternative model for HE that may involve different forms of economic activity then I do not wish, within months, to be reproducing what we already have in HE (benefactors, philanthropy, alumni offices etc.).

In solidarity,

Richard.