[SSC] Website updates, calendar of meetings, scheduled talks

Joss Winn joss at josswinn.org
Mon Jul 8 08:51:04 UTC 2013

Hello,

Further to the actions from our last meeting, I have made some changes
to the SSC website.

http://socialsciencecentre.org.uk

You will see that I've tried to re-organise the menu so that it is
easier to navigate around the site and quickly find sections of
interest. I have also reinstated the 'blog' page as a full list of
various updates/events/news, etc.

There is a slideshow on the home page and a Facebook widget, too. All
new content gets automatically posted to Facebook and Twitter:

https://twitter.com/ssclincoln
https://www.facebook.com/SocialScienceCentreLincoln

I welcome criticisms of the website and will try to improve it based on
your feedback.

We've also added Gary's 'counter-cartography' map under 'Elsewhere...'
on the website menu, and Gary will add a separate map of local groups we
are involved with, too.

We have fixed the dates for the monthly general SSC meetings. Except for
August, they will be held on the first Saturday of the month 12-2pm at
Revival cafe.

http://socialsciencecentre.org.uk/calendar/

August's meeting will be on the first Sunday (4th).

As for the schedule of talks, I am waiting to hear from people to
confirm the dates they would like to come and talk, but we can expect
one talk per month starting September either on a weekday evening or
Saturday afternoon. These will also be used as opportunities to meet
prospective members of the SSC and introduce them to the work of our
co-operative. The talks proposed so far look really interesting.

More soon.

Cheers
Joss