[SSC] Students for Cooperation Autumn Conference

Joss Winn joss at josswinn.org
Mon Oct 20 06:02:38 UTC 2014

Students for Cooperation Autumn Conference

Edinburgh, 31stOctober - 2ndNovember

Students for Co-operation is a national federation of 30 student
co-operatives of all shapes and sizes from across the UK - from bike
maintenance workshops, to volunteer-run veg-bag schemes, right up to a
106-bed housing co-op.

Join us for a weekend-long, jam-packed conference of *workshops,
debates, training, socials, talks and more!* Whether you're simply a
curious onlooker, want to help your co-op improve and thrive, or you
wish to set-up a new co-operative enterprise yourself - this is an
*unbeatable opportunity* to meet and learn from co-operative activists
from across the country actively involved in the rapidly growing student
co-op movement!

   *

     */Free entry/*

   *

     *Affordable food*

   *

     *Free accommodation*

This will be our first conference as an incorporated business, so it is
a chance for student co-ops across the country to officially become
members and participate in the General Meeting which occurs on the
Sunday of the conference.

We will be running a travel poolto help equalise costs for those
travelling from far away, so even if you're coming from the south of
England you'll only have to fork out the average travel cost for all
attendees - including those coming who are from Edinburgh. We are
considering booking a coach or minibus up from the south if there is
demand, please do get in touch if you would like to help coordinate that
or have access to one through your student union. Please do also
consider approaching your student union officers or university for
funding if you plan to travel individually.

*/*All are welcome!*/*

General Information: http://www.students.coop/edinburgh-autumn-conference/

Agenda and Venue Information:
http://www.students.coop/agenda-2014-autumn-conference/

Registration:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1iVXZ7NUmFLeV3csWZ8BOnWLgehhod_VpHzN92MzVN2Y/viewform

Facebook Event: http://www.facebook.com/events/636620556451915/

We look forwards to seeing you in Edinburgh!

Mike Shaw

Network Coordinator

Students for Cooperation

07540248868