[Ssf] welfare meeting/uni sf, some thoughts

spodulike at freeuk.com spodulike at freeuk.com
Wed Dec 1 14:26:41 GMT 2004

Presume the one set up in Shef Uni is just for students from the
university. I think it's a good idea to have an open space there for
discussions on topics which are about the Univeristy.

If the topics are on student life in general then having involvement
from Sheffield Hallam, and the College, and Schools would be preferable.

That said some concerns (e.g. housing) are wider than the student
population, and a forum focused on students would miss the point of
resolving conflict through discussion.

So the University social forum is a fine idea, but it's issues would be
limited to those arising from the University, otherwise it loses the
point of being an open space for discussion where anyone involved in
the issue can contribute. In reality I imagine it will become more like
a campaign group, albeit controlled from the ground up.

That said we haven't decided along which path Sheffield SF will travel
yet, so it could be that we follow that model:) Agreed it would be good
to have contributions from those involved but sure we can have a chat
on Sat.

And have updated the wefare meeting stuff, not much detail there tho'.

Jason