[Ssf] Uni social forum?

spodulike at freeuk.com spodulike at freeuk.com
Thu Dec 2 13:43:08 GMT 2004

There are two basic models of LSF, I'll use these for the discussion on
Sat, there is voting as a third option but no LSF's seem to use this (
apart from in the last resort of concensus). The models are:

Working group organises open space through concensus, participants meet
in open space and form working groups outside LSF. Nothing is called
for in name of LSF, acts purely as open space (e.g. Ivry SF)

Forum meets, organises and calls for action by means of concensus. LSF
can act as a body (e.g. Manchester SF)

I think the central question for LSF's is which of these models to
follow. Sheffield SF tends towards the open space model although there
has never been formal agreement on this. Thinking about the advantages
and disadvantages will make for interesting discussion (I hope!)

Jason