[Ssf] final reminder: uk social forum gathering in Sheffield this weekend

Kevin Gillan k.gillan at sheffield.ac.uk
Thu Dec 2 15:50:04 GMT 2004

**apologies to those who have had this message too many times, or those
who are just getting it now**

Hello all

A quick final update on the local social forum networking meeting
happening in Sheffield this weekend. This looks like its lining up to be
a really though-provoking and enjoyable weekend, bringing in a range of
different experiences and opinions. The final details are:

Saturday 4th December
Meet 10am for 11sharp start. Sharrow Community Hall, John Street, off
Bramall Lane.
Will go on until about 6pm, with the option of various entertainments in
the evening.
This day is intended for meaty discussions of principles and practice of
the local social forum movement, the lessons we've learned so far, our
similarities and differences and our relation to ESF.

Sunday 5th December
Meet 10am for 11sharp start. St Matthews Church Rooms, Carver St, city
center.
We've got the room booked until 3pm. There's talk of various protest
opportunities for the afternoon, so this space could be used for protest
planning and materials making, or further discussions, or we could split
and do both.

Further details, including links to maps and to the draft agenda are
available here:
http://www.sheffieldsocialforum.org/events.htm

Accomodation can be made available, but please give us notice (though
note that the majority of this is on sofas, please bring sleeping bags -
if anyone has any special needs please let us know and we'll see what we
can do).

Many thanks

Kevin

If you're interested but can't make it, check the uk social forums list
for the minutes after next week:
http://lists.riseup.net/www/info/uksocialforum

**Please scatter this message widely, all welcome!**