[Ssf] Welfare meeting

Jase spodulike at freeuk.com
Tue Dec 7 21:22:11 GMT 2004

In doing the ring round to people there were a couple of comments about the
political nature of the end of the meeting, because of this a couple of people
will not be taking further part. It was felt that it had been taken over by
those with an agenda.

I understand that people feel they want to do something and feel that they
know how to do it, however it was a decision for all the people in that room.
It is sad but we may have lost a really good opportunity to make a broad based
campaign, I hope that is not the case and that people will remain involved,
however it is important they feel EMPOWERED and that they have a say. This
will not happen if people start talking about how they will get the unions
involved (Ian) or sectarian this (Mozaz) or SWP that (Dave) without chatting
it through with people whose most political excursion has been the occasional
question time.

O.k., I've critisised and have been negative, nothing is going to be perfect,
and maybe the social forum does have a future BUT without real efforts to be
inclusive and sensitive it may remain forevermore in a small
political/politico circle.

Jason

P.S. apologies to those at the discussion cafe, was tired and emotional and
needed some tea. And mozaz, sorry about my attitude, but the point about my
resignation from STW stands, it is for me alone to state my reasons, you can
make your own resignation speech if you wish, besides the national coalition
already know if they read all their emails, and it isn't like it's a big thing
either. And please try not to make stuff up (like your Dad being a miner) cos
it winds me up and displaces trust, thanks.