[Ssf] new 'leftie' book shop in manchester!

Chris chris at aktivix.org
Mon Dec 13 16:59:13 GMT 2004

Hi

On Thu 09-Dec-2004 at 04:36:50AM -0800, Dave wrote:

> Pretty amazing news, i wonder how it will survive and
> will we see the like again, here in Sheffield

Well I think that would be possible if people decide to go
for it... If people just hope that someone else will set
it up then it probably won't happen...

I went to the opening, some snaps here:

  http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/regions/sheffield/2004/12/302692.html

The place is rented, £100 per week, they hope that the
cafe profits will cover the rent, also they did get given
some meney to get it off the ground, if people are
interested in getting something like this set up in
Sheffield then I'm sure the Manchester people would be
happy to help in terms of giving adivce based on their
experience...

Chris

--
Aktivix -- Free Software for a Free World