[Ssf] Ideas for 2005...

2 % adam at diamat.org.uk
Fri Dec 17 14:52:02 GMT 2004

Hi,

Dan wrote:
> So, yup, to follow on from the last e-mail, here's some ideas:
>
> * A social: music, spoken word, film, art, light and people setting fire
> to sticks dipped in paraffin and spinning them round their heads.

May be we could have a sort of 'Eisteddfod' festival ?

 From what I understand the original basis of this festival was to
gather  folk together once a year from the isolated valleys of Wales and
let them compete in their creativity.

I think 'Eisteddfod' literally translates to 'being-in-sitting' and was
like a yearly seat / title given as a price.

> *SSF2005:  Yeah, maybe... but another thought - have a smaller event
> during the G8 Sheffield stuff, but speak to Peace in the Park people

I missed the PITP meeting on Monday. I think it would be a good idea to
tie-in with this initiative.

> about possibly doing workshops / having a 'leftfield' tent(s) at peace
> in the park, in place of in indoor event.

May be this would be one of those spaces that other groups would crash
in to.

--
2 %