[Ssf] earth quake..

Dan dan at aktivix.org
Wed Dec 29 14:18:06 GMT 2004

Oh, and more!

If we wanna get angry, this year there's gonna be a lot of 'Make Poverty
History' campaigning, and lots of things in Sheffield will be going on.
I think we could, for instance, really start really ramming the
following facts down people's throats:

"The United States has spent more than $126bn on the war in Iraq, which
will ultimately cost every American family an estimated $3,415,
according to a new report by two thinktanks."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,1246876,00.html

$126 billion!  That was in June of this year.  And the stupid f**kers
still voted them back in.  It beggars belief...

Just to compare what that money could do.  The World Bank estimates that
the cost of meeting the Millennium Development Goals is between £40-60
billion a year, just as a comparison.

We could try something like a week-long living on a dollar a day
challenge... any other ideas?

Dan

: