[Ssf] quake&democracy café&

2 % adam at diamat.org.uk
Fri Dec 31 11:37:51 GMT 2004

Hi R&A, Hi List

Thanks for the poems.

robin&amparo wrote:

> Also very upset about the earthquake, couldn't it have been foreseen,
> why no warning system available what did scientists do and all that,

This is an extract from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsunami

<snip>

> Unlike the Pacific Ocean, there is no organised alert service covering the Indian Ocean. This is in part due to the absence of major tsunami events since 1883 and an emphasis on developing a tropical cyclone warning system.

</snip>

> I do hope we meet at the democracy cafe this Tuesday 4th january

I intend to be there too.

As Amparo pointed out, Phil from the no2id campaign would be happy to
meet with us in January if we could fix a date. ( He can't make
Thursdays though ).

> Not only about this, but also about the few important points suggested
> by 2% Human in a previous message, (including free hosting for the
> Manchester Social Forum, who are in need).

I can't remember suggesting this, but they do have a need ...

http://www.manchestersocialforum.org.uk/

> Love and best wishes to you all, dear friends,

Ditto & Happy New Year

--
Adam