[Ssf] My condolences

R&A robin_amparo at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Nov 3 12:20:07 GMT 2004

As one film's name puts it: What have we done to deserve this?
The Monster is back for another 4 years!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,1340688,00.html

Appaling... awful... but the "burnt cards" remind you of Vietnam of
course not so long ago but indeed so long ago for younger generations...
and finally Nixon was kicked out of office and troops were dispatched home.

What is pushing me down with sadness is the thought that history repeats
itself and we have not learnt anything from it.
Anyway it was great at democracy Cafe yesterday night.
amp