[Ssf] Re: [sheffield-anti-war-coalition] Re: Two wrongs don't make a right IS Project Fallujah : Central

IAN WALLACE ian.wallace15 at btopenworld.com
Mon Nov 8 12:24:29 GMT 2004

'Twinning arrangements are no longer made by the Council'. Who says? If that decision can be made, then it can be unmade. It would only need to be a temporary twinning.
I am no great fan of  'twinning' (I can't even remember the names of the French and German towns that Sheffield is twinned with) - it strikes me as pretty meaningless - but Fallujah is very, very different. 'Friendship link' sounds far too weak a term.
Ian

2 % Human <adam at diamat.org.uk> wrote:

Thanks Jillian,

Jillian Creasy wrote:
> Adam - thanks for this as a suggestions for how Sheffield City Council could
> express our concern about the human effects of the war in Iraq.
> Jean, Azim - What would you think about putting a Notice of Motion about
> this to Full Council in December?
> Jillian

Jean has made be aware that twinning arrangements are no
longer made by the council, but there are 'friendship links'. Would it
be suitable to issue a notice to council for such a link ?

Kind Regards

--
Adam

If you find that you are receiving a lot of emails from this list, you can use a filter to automatically organise them into a separate mail box as they are received, there are instructions on how to do this at: http://www.groupsense.co.nz/effective.html

http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/info/terms.html