[Ssf] Fallujah: murder televised on TV

noone noone machinevman at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 12 17:44:14 GMT 2004

  Fallujah is a turning point for the occupation, Vietnam did not suddenly
"start" it crept up on the US.  Kennedy took the US into Vietnam and it
started well with very relativly few casualties but turned into the most
financially expensive war of all time.  Fallujah has triggered uprisings in
kirkuk and mosul - these are areas with a large proportion of kurds who
apparently "supported" the war.  Day by day US and british troops are being
dragged further and further into Iraq, the iraqi army and police are almost
non-exsistant with only about 20 000 fully effective people in their ranks.
The US is training them so fast that they are being killed easier than ever
and out of the 20 000 or so fully effective iraqi soldiors over a third of
them are being used in the fallujah operation.

  The political situation in Iraq is dire, the prime ministers relatives are
being targetted, the grand ayatolla ali cistani is still popular but even he
as a moderate has requested the americans leave, the so called 'terrorist'
zaquawi is an irrelevence and as far as i am concerned may not even exsist.
He may have a high profile in the US or Europe but interveiw after interveiw
with the iraqi resistance has shown that the vast majority of the resistance
are not 'foreign fighters' or al quaeda associates, they are reasonable
people trying to defend their country from turning into the new saudi
arabia.

  I have no interest into going to another public meeting with the usual
labour party pacifist, SWP demagogue and a representative from the
palestinian solidarity campaign.  Vigils are ok but in the end all they do
is ease empire guilt and conceinces, nowadays they don't even get publicity.
  The only real option is direct action which has unfortunatly been
effectivly condemned by the stop the war coalition, when i tabled a
resolution saying that the stop the war coalition should support direct
action unfortunatly it was blocked by the so called "marxists" of the SWP
and the rest.  These are the people that preach the russian revolution but
when it comes to actually doing somthing that isnt preaching within their
little circles the room goes suspiciously silent.  Without getting into the
deep philosophical debate i believe that it was marx that said something
along the lines of: "the time has gone for interpreting the world, it is our
task to change it", i find it ironic that the so called 'class worriors' end
up putting all their hopes into the basket of rebbelling labour MP's who
lets face it are (without exception) part of the dominant class and have
been attacking our brothers and sisters ever since their election in 1997.

  We are now in a situation where direct action is needed now to prevent
further loss of life, it is time to put our trust in the iraqi people, the
middle east is not our territory to impose our values on and the iraq war is
not ours to fight.  It is an essentially racist right wing argument to argue
that the iraqis are not capable to look after themselves and if left to
themselve this government has claimed that the iraqis will not resist the
reactionairy forces but instead the occupying power is "letting the
terrorists take over".  It is time to stop this government from messing
around in someone elses back yard...

  The reason for this email is to say that i dont want another walk around
the city centre i want to say that in principle i am wanting and willing to
carryout direct action.  I ask: Is the sence of feeling strong enough for
others to take this step, if it is just say so and we can work out the
practicalities later, if it isnt then just forget i ever said anything...

yours faithfully
cuthbert