[Ssf] Reminder: UK Meeting - 4/5th December

Kevin Gillan k.gillan at sheffield.ac.uk
Fri Nov 19 09:45:02 GMT 2004

UK MEETING OF LOCAL SOCIAL FORUMS - SHEFFIELD - 4/5 DECEMBER

**apologies for cross-posting**

Dear Social Forumites,

A quick reminder, and a request for folk who are intending to come to
let us know asap so that we can sort accomodation etc.

Here's the original text...

We're writing with a warm invitation to come to Sheffield for a weekend
of discussions and debates, meeting other local social forum types,
sharing experiences and lessons and reflecting on the UK social forum
movement. Whether you feel like a seasoned SFer, you've just got
involved in a local social forum, or if you're just thinking of starting
one - we'd love to meet you!

The date we're proposing, following discussions at ESF 2004, is the
weekend of 4th and 5th December. This will mean that we can also use the
space to communicate with those who will be travelling to Paris, to
begin the process for the next ESF.

The agenda will, of course, be open - if you want to edit it, go to this
WIKI page -

http://wiki.sheffieldsocialforum.org.uk/LSFDec2004

Here are some suggestions to start with (also on the WIKI):

Introductions

Reflections
ESF reflections - now the circus has gone, what did we think?
SF Charter? What models of organisation do we/should we use?

Practice
Building local social forums - tips, tricks and tactics.
Building a UK network - webs, survey etc.
Futurology - what comes next?

RSVP! We need to know that enough people are coming to make room
bookings, sorting out sleeping arrangements etc, so please respond to
sheffieldsocialforum at riseup.net

Regards
Kev and Dan

www.sheffieldsocialforum.org
wiki.sheffieldsocialforum.org.uk

---

This invitation has been sent to the following SFs as well as the UK and
EU riseup lists. Please pass it on to anyone else you think will be
interested.

Cardiff SF
Durham/North East SF
East Anglia SF