[Ssf] excellent news: another little acorn

dave thompson mpower0 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 24 11:09:44 GMT 2004

HI,
Just seen this on Indymedia, perhaps someone should
get in touch with them, they sound like our kind of
people.

dt

Liverpool Social Forum- the acorn so far...

http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2004/11/301739.html

Ant, 23.11.2004 16:42

A group of students from Liverpool University, have
decided to begin to take steps towards a new Liverpool
Social Forum. First a website and a newsletter, next
the world...?

Following the recent European Social Forum in London,
the idea of forming a free and autonomous Liverpool
Social Forum has been in the air. Much of the ESF was
creative, exciting and inspiring, but much of it was
quite the opposite. It partially failed in creating an
fully open space for reasoned discussion and ideas to
take place, and the LSF is our chance to devolve into
a smaller, more manageable, more effective force.

In keeping with other social fora, it will be shaped
by those who choose to participate and will not be
held down to tight dogma or ideology, i.e. it is a
free space. As its name implies, it is a forum: it
will welcome all progressive and radical ideas. So
far, we have a web site and newssheet, but these are
small, and hopefully it will expand and change
naturally, according to those participating within it.