[Ssf] local sf meeting

Kevin Gillan k.gillan at sheffield.ac.uk
Tue Nov 30 11:16:22 GMT 2004

Nice one jase. Was going to propose having a meeting this Thursday until
I realised we do, in fact, have one anyhow.

Like the look of the agenda suggestions for the weekend. On the Sunday
thing, we could have the smaller room at St Matthews up until 3pm for
£25. I reckon if we thought of something fun to do in the afternoon
(belated no shop day?) and use the room for a bit of a creative session.
But think we could do with making a decision before thursday, so we can
give folk more than 48 hours notice.

For saturday night, some options are:
- rock up to the Kashmir for cheap tasty curry
- go to hillsborough for a latin american bistro, which is in aid of a
medical organisation that treats the victims of torture (will have food,
music and a variety of liquid refreshments).

any others?

On the advertising dearth, and possible participants, I would've thought
its a more inviting situation for those interested in Sheffield SF than
coming to a regular planning meeting, so will write an email text and
bung it out - would ask anyone to pass it on to anyone they know who has
ever so much as muttered 'that sounds interesting' about SSF to you.

Finally, on accomodation, currently got 14 people who are pretty much
definitely coming to Shef from other cities, of whom two certainly
require accomodation (got em sorted) and five probably need accomodation
    (Mariangela and friends) I can put one person comfortably (and
potentially one fairly uncomfortably) at my house, Dan can probably put
one person up at his house, housemates depending, leaving 2 - 3 people
currently unaccomodated. Can anyone help?

cheers