[Ssf] local sf meeting

spodulike at freeuk.com spodulike at freeuk.com
Tue Nov 30 12:00:53 GMT 2004

I can put a couple of people up, it depends how people feel about
floors and sofas etc. There is a spare room with aged mattress but the
Hilton it is not...

That Hillborough thing sounds cool, would be good to keep the activist
theme going over the w/end. Depends on the venue (size and location
wise) methinks.

On the Sunday, if we are going to have an action, having St Matt's may
tie us down (thinking of getting materials together and stuff) then
again it would be good as discussion/construction space. Also could
invite others down to join in. We kind of need to know what we are
going to do and plan around that, if we are doing something over in
Meadowhall (which I would suggest as Shef is dead on a Sunday and we
would be protesting to the pigeons) then having somewhere up to
middayish would be good. So, erm, in conclusion YES! I think:) Cheers,

Jason

> Nice one jase. Was going to propose having a meeting this Thursday
until=20
> I realised we do, in fact, have one anyhow.
>
> Like the look of the agenda suggestions for the weekend. On the
Sunday=20
> [...]
20
> =A325. I reckon if we thought of something fun to do in the afternoon=
20
> (belated no shop day?) and use the room for a bit of a creative
session.=20
> But think we could do with making a decision before thursday, so we
can=20
> give folk more than 48 hours notice.
>
> For saturday night, some options are:
> - rock up to the Kashmir for cheap tasty curry
> - go to hillsborough for a latin american bistro, which is in aid of
a=20
> medical organisation that treats the victims of torture (will have
food,=20
> music and a variety of liquid refreshments).
>
> any others?
>
> On the advertising dearth, and possible participants, I would've
thought=20
> its a more inviting situation for those interested in Sheffield SF
than=20
> coming to a regular planning meeting, so will write an email text and=
20
> bung it out - would ask anyone to pass it on to anyone they know who
has=20
> ever so much as muttered 'that sounds interesting' about SSF to you.
>
> Finally, on accomodation, currently got 14 people who are pretty much=
20
> definitely coming to Shef from other cities, of whom two certainly=20

> require accomodation (got em sorted) and five probably need
accomodation=20
>     (Mariangela and friends) I can put one person comfortably (and=20

> potentially one fairly uncomfortably) at my house, Dan can probably
put=20
> one person up at his house, housemates depending, leaving 2 - 3
people=20
> currently unaccomodated. Can anyone help?
>
> cheers
>

> Jase wrote:
>
> > Am looking through the notes from the LSF seminar, and a lot of
them th=
> ere are
> > too... will try and get some workshop notes ready for this Thursday,
pr=
> esume
> > this will be the main agenda item. On the agenda ideas for the day,
hav=
> > proposed: http://wiki.sheffieldsocialforum.org.uk/LSFDec2004
> >=20
> > Don't think advertising is too much of a problem (luckily;) as it's
gen=
> erally
> > about getting people together who have already got lsf's going, and
dis=
> cussing
> > ideas, problems, pitfalls, etc (I think). Would've thought if we
are in=
> viting
> > anyone in Sheffield along we'd just kinda want to get them into
Shef SS=
> > really rather than have them setting up LSF's all around. Anyways
the m=
> ore
> > hands the better, all thoughts welcome etc. (Someone at the STW
nationa=
> > conference mentioned a Sheffield Uni SF was in operation - but they
may=
>  have
> > been getting confused?)
> >=20
> > Not sure we would need a space on the Sunday if not many people
around,=
>  could
> > hang about in the winter gardens, loiter like teenagers or summat.
The
> > Saturday night may be best to organise an action cos the people
doing i=
> t would
> > be there, plus the best ideas always come from the pub.
> >=20
> > Need to sort out food n drinks. Also materials (lots of big sheets
of p=
> aper
> > and coloured pens methinks). Laptops would be cool. Cheers,
> >=20
> > Jason
> >=20

Hall =