[Ssf] Re: [uksocialforum] Sunday demo in London!

spodulike at freeuk.com spodulike at freeuk.com
Thu Oct 7 10:11:23 BST 2004

> I think the problem is not about uniting around the issue of war. It'
> about uniting around an ineffective, boring, and undemocratic action
> organised by a small, self appointed elite (who may well be run by
MI6
> for all we know).

Well you don't have to do the demo, and a lot of people like demos,
hopefully there will be some direct action organised but not everyone
is into that, so there is a demo. It's just a publicity stunt but if
there's a lot of people there it might be good.

My main beef is that cos the GLA are funding it the slogan has to be '
BUSH OUT' rather than 'BLAIR OUT'. Either one will do for now I spose.

> And why do we want to illustrate to the world that we can unite
> anyway? The SWP is a weird cult and showing we can unite with them
may
> well do us more harm than good.

There's a lot more people to unite with than the SWP, and they're not
really weird, just into doing the whole 'staying on message' thing,
hopefully they'll grow out of it sometime.

Cheers,

Jase