[Ssf] Re: [uksocialforum] Sunday demo in London!

atw againstthewar at totalserve.co.uk
Wed Oct 6 23:31:12 BST 2004

I think the problem is not about uniting around the issue of war. It's
about uniting around an ineffective, boring, and undemocratic action
organised by a small, self appointed elite (who may well be run by MI6
for all we know).

And why do we want to illustrate to the world that we can unite
anyway? The SWP is a weird cult and showing we can unite with them may
well do us more harm than good.

cheers,

steve

Brian> Is there one other single issue that get's even close
Brian> to Stop the War for uniting the whole of the ESF? If not, then
Brian> lets unite around that one issue to illustrate to the world
Brian> that we can unite.

Brian> Although as I write I feel I could back-track and put
Brian> my money behind a Stop War demonstration.

Brian> But why not combine the two; surely the Stop the War
Brian> demonstration organisers would fully embrace anyone coming
Brian> along with a "Stop War" banner, or even a "ESF Against War"
Brian> banner.